Sunday, May 08, 2005

MAY-KING IT REAL

This last week had to be one of the hardest I've had since coming here. At some point before the P/T Conferences and Prom week and after Seoul I began to feel like I had a real life again. You know the kind where you go to work and being thinking about the things that you have to get done AFTER work not the work you will still have to accomplish after work. Which for me is the catalyst necessary to get work done and get out the door.

What brought this on you ask? Well I started making friends outside of work and outside of Deajon. Okay so there are only 2 said friends but you know me I go for quality not quantity. Roberta in Changwon and Josh over in Doonsun Dong.

And how did this make the last week hard? Well when you have something to look forward to after leaving work, thus making it your work and not your life a finite distinction, staying around it pretty painful. So here's how things played out.

  • Monday: Heavy teaching day AND rocket launch day. This means lots of running around and telling kids to pay attention and stop doing THAT and do THIS. Then we had meetings until 5. YeAh! >:/
  • Tuesday: Light day. Should have got the planning and grading done. Instead got a lot of talking and a little bit of working done since there were so many odds and ends to pick up. Did I mention at this point I had only been sleeping about 5 hours a night for the last 3 days? Uh-huh.
  • Wednesday: Normal day. At this point in the week a few things dawn on me. 1. At 12:00 I find out that a meeting with the Headmaster has been called for 4:30 this afternoon for the Science Dept. Meaning we won't get in to the meeting until 5:00 and we won't be done until 6:00. Which is when I am suppose to be home to get a phone call that was slotted to happen before I had guest over for dinner at 8:00. 2. I-fest is tomorrow. A half day of school and then festivities until 8PM. But wait here's the kicker the holiday which is celebrated in both Korea and Japan means that everyone else related to kids DOESN'T have to work that day. 3. Not only do I have to work but I will be at the festival until 8PM since I am a sponsor and not merely working a booth. DAMN!
  • Thursday: D-Day. Light day with the kids since I give up imparting new information in lieu of a paperwork day for all. Lost keys, not a event since I misplace my brain daily. Noon leave to find keys and return to Jesse, President of above mentioned club, in a panic and having a heated discussion with an 8 year old. I-fest begins and things are great and then it rains and things are not so great. We finally call it quits (7 PM) when we have chase kids away from the Helium Tank and are dripping wet. I however realize the day is shot and go back up to my room and work for another few hours in an attempt to salvage the weekend.

We took the festive out of festival and got this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home