Sunday, April 17, 2005

Did just picking someone work for you?

All right be ready this ones harsh.

It will probably offend people I know but just deal, take it with a grain of salt, whatever. But know that I'm speaking in generalities so I probably don't mean you specifically.

Why is it that married people are in such a hurry to get those of us who are past 21 and single married off? They busily talk about those that are "good catches" and "available". They inevitable butt their nose where it has no business being. It's not like I would go around telling someone that there's plenty of gyms and "you really should go work out". I don't berate people about the way they do their jobs or if they leave mail in their box for a month.

A friend made mention that it was like they thought that there were plenty of people out there that are marriable and they want us to just pick someone. To which I laughlingly responded, "Maybe we should say 'Really, so how did JUST PICKING someone work out for you?' " Guarantee that's stop the conversation really quick.

So watch out it's my new line and I'm not afraid to use it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Great line. Go with it.

I like to tell married folk who ar too pushy that it is easier to become married than it is to become single again, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

8:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you that so far everyone I have "just picked" has NOT WORKED and the ones other people have tried to pick for me have NOT WORKED either! They're all just jealous, as any HONEST Happily Married person will tell you, that they are not living in South Korea, vacationing in Thailand, escaping Tsunamis, and changing the world by teaching. Anyway we have already found our perfect soul mate- unfortunately we are both girls and those people who want us to get married would generally frown upon that kind of thing.
Love you lots! Luna

1:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home