Tuesday, August 30, 2005

In a word....

"The past is our definition. We may strive, with good reason, to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it, but we will escape it only by adding something better to it."


- Wendell Berry (1934~) American Farmer, Educator, Poet, Conservationist


For many good reasons and lame excuses it's been a long time since I have posted and for that I beseech you for forgiveness. But there has been a lot happening and then I found this quote and it seemed to sum a lot of things up for me. The bottom line, things have to change to redefine what my past has made me. For all the things that have been stripped away a new layer must be added to protect and enhance what is beneath. So while this may be my last post FROM Korea I am sure that this is not my last reflection on the place nor the end to my posting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that quote! ;)~ "something better"

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

Korea will never be the same without you... Historians will judge if that is a good thing or not..

6:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home