Saturday, December 18, 2004

Day 1:Bangkok

Well I made it and to my surprise and jubilation have yet to get accosted, ripped off or robbed. So far, so good.

Trip to the airport was uneventful, but it helps when Don G. comes along and knows what's what. Flight also uneventful, but immigration was a different story. They kept shooing us to the next window and then the next finally after about 4 location changes we found the correct agent. And to my happy surprise I made a new friend while waiting in line, Roberta. Cool chick, she teaches at University in Korea but not in Daejon. She was stopping off in Bangkok before a two month trek through India. We have managed to hang out the whole day together. It's been great since she has been here before and knows her way around. Have to say we haven't accompished much unless you count a waxing, facial and manicure/pedicure and lunch an accomplishment. But we did take a tuk. tuk (motorcycle with a seat attached to the back) to downtown. A Thai experience not to be missed! Jamie comes in in a few hours and I want to meet her at the airport after that it's the two of us in the big city.

Wish I could send pictures but you'll have to wait until January for that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ninah, you sure have me worried about you. I really hope you are not in Phuket right now. If anyone hears anything, please e-mail me lunastarwest123@yahoo.com
Kristyn

3:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home