Sunday, May 15, 2005

Caught without my camera

So I saw the most beautiful thing today and I was without my camera. I'm hoping that it will all still be there tomorrow. Lately I find myself saying often "I gotta remember to take a picture of this next year." This was one of those along with the wisteria that had completely takeover a gazebo (as it should always be allowed to do). Being that today is Budda's Birthday, kinda like Christmas I suppose but not, the Buddhist's were all about the decorations today. As I was trudging my way to work today, yes on a Sunday, I walked past this house that usually has one lone, pink lotus lantern by the gate. I always take note of the happy lantern because it is the one of the few bright cheery things that I can count on on that walk. Today it had company. Strung around the outside of the house, inside the courtyard, on the second floor balcony and any other place a person could perch long enough to hang them there were lotus lanterns. Red ones, yellow ones, pink ones EVERYWHERE! I couldn't believe it the time and the patience to hang them so perfectly. I was awe struck. I hope it's still there tomorrow so that I can take a picture, if not it's on the list for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home