Monday, January 03, 2005

An email from a Soul Sista'

Dear Ninah,

You sure have a lot of people here and there who love you and care about you. You have more family spread all over the world than anyone else I know. I got quite a few responses to my frantic "where is Ninah?" e-mail.

Sunday night when I was so worried I couldn't sleep wondering if you were dead or seriously maimed, something popped into my head. A scenario I remembered of a gorgeous freezing cold summer day on the beach. There were some little adventurous kids showing us tiny sea stars they had found behind a huge rock. We were all facing the ocean with the rock behind us (not the best predicament to be in by the Pacific Ocean). Suddenly a huge wave came toward us. Olga lost the ability to speak English, or any other language for that matter and failed to warn us. So the wave swept up and I held onto the kids best I could.

But, where oh where had my Ninah gone? Straight up that rock like some kind of mountain goat. I never knew you could climb like that. And there you stayed safe and dry looking down on us. Which is how I found out you are less afraid of heights than being swept away by the ocean.

I fell asleep thinking, my Ninah has the ability to climb up any dry surface she can find. You sure have a way of finding danger and still keeping yourself in one piece. I miss you tons.

Love, Luna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home