Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Disney will never be the same

Went to Everland with the kiddos today. They were genuinely excited, Rita and I faked it until we convinced ourselves. In a moment of pure irony brought on by the last amusement park trip I had, I lugged 2 files of papers to grade with me in an attempt to work when I didn't have to. Ironic why you ask? Well, HELLO, at an amusement park carrying work around on my back, only to ignore it the entire time. Sound like my rants very often?

On a different note. Got home to find the infamous "Max" had posted on my blog. YEAH! Love that girl! So I went to her blog and read for a few hours which has led me to the question...What Would Sara Do?

What Would Sara Do if SHE had moved to Korea.

1. Sara would have learned Korean
2. Sara would have made lots of friends all around the place.
3. Sara would have found the best tofu in town and would recreate far off lands with it.
4. Sara would be saving the dogs that are at the meat market.
5. Sara wouldn't have come to work for some crazy school with rules about dress, drink, and beliefs.

AND despite the fact that I am not Sara, I have to wonder what I have done to make Korea a part of me, not just a place to do the same old tired thing. Will Return to this thought later. Not much up for introspection right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that this Sara person is lovely, but I'd frankly rather have me a Ninah.

--Virginia

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm sorry, but on first read through I thought you said you took the kids to Neverland....

That would make the story completely different.

12:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home