Sunday, January 09, 2005

Last Day of Freedom

So I know that I have managed to avoid posting all the craziness from Thailand still partly because there seems to be so much to say and not enough room to post it all and partly because after hearing so many other stories mine seems like one that is hardly worth telling. I buried no bodies, I saw no towering waves and I lost nothing. I'm sure I will though since I did manage to write it all down in my journal while I was there.

But as for today, the last day before schoolwide meetings and kids with excuses as to why they didn't get their assignments done, I have to say that it hasn't been too exciting. Went to church, went to lunch, graded papers and then went to the store.

The whole time dreading the moments that were slipping through my fingers that I could not get back to fill with adventure. Yeah, I have to say that even though I had some excitement and seemed to scare just about everyone I know I still want to go out and explore the world some more.

I want to learn to dance in South America
I want to drink coffee in Columbia or Hawaii or BOTH
I want to see the sunrise on the Serengeti
I want to scuba dive in Shark Bay Australia
I want to fall in love in Paris
I want to cry in Germany
I want to find wild jasmine in China

So much, so many people, so many tastes, so many
sounds. And I have only just begun.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 9ers. I like this post. A lot.

I have cried in Germany. Cried..cried so hard. And I mighta' fallen in love in Paris. But you'll never know! And I mighta had coffee in Columbia with Juan Valdez!

Ok, but seriously...I have cried in Germany.

2:29 AM

 
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Coffee in HI is the closest, sounds like a short trip to me. Reminds me we have a HI coffee house here called Bad Ass Coffee (named for the donkeys used to go up the mountains). It is next to the Sylvan Learning Center. All the kids get to learn how to read and say Bad Ass! Wonderful business placement.

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home