Tuesday, February 08, 2005

All right it happened

So here it is February 8th and I finally got homesick for Kansas City. Not just the people the actual place. Or in particular a road. I was fulfilling my obligation as cat butler in cleaning out the litter box when I realized that I would like nothing better at that moment than to be at the corner of Ward and 67th, I believe. Ready to turn left to take the back way to Raytown and drive the curvy road past Ward Park and the Winchester Plant. To feel the smooth asphalt that was freshly laid in July, and the sinuous curve of the road under tires that hugged it, wind in my hair and my hands on the stick ready to shift into third. Ah that right there is a part of KC I miss. And in doing so find myself missing the whole of KC. Funny how one little thing makes you miss a whole town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home