Thursday, February 17, 2005

K- Half day in teacher world.

TO THE OUTSIDER
  • This means that I only have to see the kids for 3 hours
  • Show movies
  • And can go home sometime before most people go to work.

TO THE INSIDER
  • This means that I only have a half hour to cover what I usually cover in 1.5
  • ALL of Murphy's Laws are now allowed to happen in concert
  • Noting get's done
  • You spend the whole day frustrated
  • And once the kids leave you get to sit in meetings until 5 PM, making for a LOVELY 10 hour day.
  • That is only if you don't stay late and plan, if you do it becomes a 12-14 hour day.

And I get to do this twice this week.


So in honor of this day I'd like to post a few quotes to laugh at and that's about all.

Misguided Metaphors.....
  • "He floated on the surface of the water like a bowling ball wouldn't"
  • "She caught your eye, like the hook on the screen that hangs down and bounces around everytime you close the screendoor."
Things a debater must do....

  • Write down the ten most irritating habits of your debate partner. (Yes, you'll probably have to leave out quite a few) Then never marry any prospective spouse that possesses any more than two of those habits.

1 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

I love the debater idea, sounds like good advice.
Sounds like your half days are like my half days off, the beeper, cell, and home phone just keep ringing. However I do get to use a "special" time code to make me think I am having fun.

2:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home